Saturday, July 23, 2011

Is there any way for me to seek medical help without my parents knowing, even if i'm still on their insurance?

I am 20 yrs. old; when i was 17, i was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and depression. I completed treatment about 2 years ago, and have been doing very well since then. However, i just finished my first year of college, and there were several times when i felt i could benefit from a little outside help again, like a little "refresher" course to help me reinforce the things i learned a few years ago. I still feel that way, especially going into my second year. My dilemma is, the whole process was very rough on my family the first time around; they were very worried about me. It was so emotionally trying for all of us, and i don't want to bring all that up again. Plus, three years ago, i was a teenager, and they had to be involved in every decision. I'm 20 now, and i'd like some privacy, and a chance to make decisions without my family immidiately knowing about it and me feeling like i'm under a microscope. But that's almost impossible considering 1) i live with them, and 2) i'm still on their insurance. So i can't even make myself a doctor's appointment without them eventually finding out. So is there any way to get around that? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but i still wanted to ask. Any other suggestions are more than welcome, i'm at a loss for what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment