Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Should I work a Cursillo team while going through infertility treatments?

I am seeking opinions from people who have worked Cursillo teams before. Cursillo is a refresher course in Christianity. It is an amazing experience-I have worked one before. It's a lot of work and can be stressful, but also very spiritually fulfilling. I have already gone through one round of IVF that ended in a chemical pregnancy and and just now starting a frozen embryo transfer cycle. I just can't decide if I should work this team while doing infertility treatments! It means meeting one day a month for 6 months and lots of little projects and planning on the side, as well as taking time off of work for the actual long weekend. Those of you who have worked a Cursillo team, do you think I should do this while trying to get pregnant? It is not the act of IVF that is possibly keeping me from working the team, my whole church is very supportive and so is the Cursillo community, it is just the possibility of added stress. I don't go to a Catholic church, I go to an Episcopalian church. Oh, and our Cursillo community is both Catholic and Protestant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment